Monday, July 19, 2010

Wedding Dresses

July 19, 2010

I spent several hours yesterday at the Alfred Angelo Grand Opening Event in Springfield. Alfred Angelo specializes in dresses for brides and bridesmaids. I was there to distribute information about Hollin Hall (www.HollinHallWeddings.com) but the photographer in me kept seeing the pictures that wanted to be taken. I didn't have a camera with me so I have to paint this one for you in words.

Picture a mirrored room with a couple of round seating areas in the center. At one end is a pedestal. Well, maybe not a pedestal, just a small stage. Up steps the bride in the dress she is modeling. Thumbs up from the onlookers, including those of us who were there to promote our own services. And the mom? The mom pulls out a tissue and dabs at her eyes. I'm thinking that she's thinking, "There's my baby, my princess, grown up, growing away, and stepping into the wide world with all its joy and all its pain."

The picture was reflected from all sides in every mirror.

Nina Tisara

1 comment: